What are the five things we do when stressed?
- We assume the worst – we infer negative intent when there isn’t any.
- We over-react. We lash out. We try to change the external circumstances to avoid the internal dissonance.
- We give up. We withdraw. We get lost in our internal ruminations.
- We get myopic, short-sighted.
- We disconnect. We disconnect from ourselves and from other people.
Join me in tapping several rounds on:
- Feeling stressed and over-reacting
- Feeling attacked
- Feeling stuck
Adding in the Liver Point
Three helpful journaling prompts
- What am I assuming here? What else could I assume instead?
- What am I afraid? What do I think will happen? What is the worst thing that can happen? How likely is it to happen? Can I live with it? Or can I mitigate it?
- Who can I reach out to get help with this?
Wouldn’t it be great if we didn’t break, crack, react when we encounter things we don’t like but rather let them bounce off of us? Emotional resilience!
- Be nice to yourself.
- Be compassionate as you notice that you’re acting differently than normal.
- As you increase your emotional resilience, your threshold to over-react will increase.
- Tap – in the moment, or as a daily self-care routine.
Good job everyone!