Here are the steps to use a fishbone diagram to help with tapping. See also this post.
Draw the diagram
- Draw fishbone, putting your or the client’s issue in the effect box.
- Place the headings on each bone.
- Brainstorm all your questions and intuitive nudges for each heading.
- Look at the whole picture.
- What do you notice, what do you feel?
- Look for gaps, too much detail, and where you feel tension.
- Identify three question areas.
- Make a list of four possible things you can do differently for each question area just to get you thinking differently.
- Sleep on it all and then see what next step and changes feel most aligned and impactful. Choose three or four total.
Questions for each “bone”
The tapping process
- What about the EFT process is affecting, limiting, or contributing to our results?
- Who are/were the people involved?
- Who is impacting the client?
Authority figures and circumstances
- Who has power related to the issue and progress?
- Are there limiting outside circumstances affecting things?
Fears, themes, and limiting beliefs
- Identified directly.
- Identified indirectly.
- What elements in the environment play a role in the your client’s progress?
- What places were involved?
- Sustaining causes?
- What specific events have we tapped on specifically?
- What’s missing?