We all are feeling stressed right now, with the virus situation unfolding. Tapping is a self-care tool that literally takes minutes and uses the mind-body connection to address stress. If meditation and mindfulness aren’t your thing, you might like tapping. It’s tapping on acupressure points on your body while tuning into the issue that’s upsetting you.
From the EFTInternational website:
The therapeutic effects of this technique are recognized around the world. One can use EFT tapping for anxiety, pain, stress and many other issues. EFT Tapping helps us tune in to the negative patterns that we form around our uncomfortable thoughts, feelings, or troubling memories. We ‘tap’ on the correct pressure points while bringing the thoughts or emotions into consciousness. The aim is to find relief, relaxation, and promote healing around the emotional or physical issues that hold us back.
Tapping is an excellent approach to deal with the increased stress around virus events. Once you learn the points, it’s easy to tap along with a video or audio. The relief can be immediate at times. Please do give it a try!
Video for Newcomers
This video is suitable for folks new to tapping who want to work with how they are feeling about the virus pandemic. Worry, grief, and anger can all be addressed with tapping. In this video, I walk you through several rounds of tapping.
If you are having a panic attack or are feeling very triggered, please consult your mental health practitioner or crisis hotline. Tapping is a self-care tool that doesn’t replace professional advice from your health care providers. Tapping with words is often the most effective, but silent tapping can be effective when overly aggravated.
- Getting over the initial shock, tapping for calm during the virus. by Deborah Donndelinger
- Dealing with the next wave of emotions, keep calm and carry on by Deborah Donndelinger
- Fears at going food shopping by Sejual Shah
- People aren’t keeping their distance by Sejual Shah
- Anxiety spills out in unusual ways by Sejual Shah
Online Tapping Groups
- EFTInternational has a listing of free tapping online groups found here.
Other Energy Psychology Resources
- The Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology has an informative page here called Resources for Resilience.
Buy me a tea
- If you want to leave me a small donation, I’ve set up a buymeacoffee page here. Thank you!
Photo by Tim Peterson on Unsplash